1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed working with my team; the office environment was very welcoming- everyone I met was friendly and helpful; found work to be very interesting.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was always given feedback on the pieces of work I handed in. When I had questions, my supervisors would always devote time to explain.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I have developed should be applicable beyond my degree studies. I have learnt a lot in the internship, both through the work that was set by team and also the e-learning modules available to us as interns.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone was welcoming, friendly and helpful.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall was very well-organised with a good, clear structure.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The internship began with a 2-day training programme to provide us with an overview of investment banking. We could continue learning via an e-learning platform RBC provided.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would be an excellent organisation to work for, with a variety of employment prospects depending on the route you want to take.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Nothing was organised by the firm but fellow placenent students went out.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Worked in Central London, so not quite cheap as chips.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Based in the City so a wide variety of bars, clubs etc nearby.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?