Quality Undergraduate at Cummins

Huddersfield Yorkshire and Humberside
Engineering

Cummins is a Top Employer

8.3/10

Ensuring product quality meets customer requirements and world wide standards. This meant continuous measurement and analsis (Statistical Process Control), and reactive containment actions.

This was a very interesting position with varied challenges every day. It got a little stressful as there are high demands on that department.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

Got on very well with all the Quality team & other areas.

Management was very supportive and made a point of holding a regular review meeting to see where I was up to with my project work. Management also offered a lot of help with overcoming hurdles on the way to completing my work.

This is a good position for anyone who likes a challenge. Theres a lot of work to do to balance ongoing quality measurements and reactive quality control simultaniously. On top of that, you have to do your university work too.

I was put in charge of several projects and given support throughout. They made use of the skills and experience I had and assigned me to projects suited to my strengths.

I have learned a great deal on this placement. Not just in an accademic sense, but about work in real life. About team leading, about project & time management, and about myself.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

A lot of fun, but could get quite intense.

Very well

I was sent on three training courses which were very helpful. This included an MS Excel intermediate course, which taught me a lot about the programme. I was able to put this to good use during my placement on several projects. There were some training courses the company could not put me on as I was only there for a year.

I was advised by management that if an oppertunity arrose I would be contacted. However, due to economic depression, they could not recruit anyone currently.

Regular events were organized and fun. Went paintballing, clubbing, partying & lots more.

Having previously lived in London, I found this area very cheap to live in. This had to be balanced with the undergraduate sallary though.

There's a lot of variaty in Huddersfield, and it's very close to Leeds, which is apparently the UK's party central.

Cummins is very proactive in community involvement and social activities.