Applied Mechanics Test Engineer at Cummins

Automotive

Cummins is a Top Employer

6.7/10

5.2

I have found my year in industry to be a very worthwhile period. Not only has it enabled me to broaden my engineering knowledge, problem-solving and practical skills, but it has also provided me with many opportunities to improve on my social, communication and project management skills.

Cummins is a global company and a leader in their field which provided me the opportunity to work on real life projects that contribute to the department I worked in and to the organisation as a whole. I have had significant hands-on experience in conducting many different types of tests and broadened my knowledge of modal, strain and fatigue analysis. I was always helped and supported by my Manager and my Colleagues as I learned immensely about engineering and professional business relationships from working with them.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

I have always felt like part of the global team at Cummins and never felt left out or ignored due to my status as a student on a fixed one-year contract.
I received very good comments and praise from my colleagues in general.