I was able to join three diffrent projects. My role on each project was different and consisted of different tasks. Some of the work I did included; liaising with French Engineers to guide them through a transformtion process to get new PC's up and running in french stores, forecasting spend and analysing what kind of budget and bulk orders we would need till the end of the project and looking into training strategies and how best to approach training for the clients to benefit the most.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed the culture and environment of Accenture. I also enjoyed a lot of the work I did as it taught me many transferable skills due to the fact you work on different projects which require different skills
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I do feel i was valued by my collegues, they told me that i was doing a great job on the project and that i was an asset to the team. This is very encouraging and helps to make the job more enjoyable
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given quite a lot of suppor tin the sense that those above me made me feel that i could always ask questions and that they would always be around it I needed help or clarification. They were also very supportive of my career and how they could help me get into an area of Accenture I would really enjoy.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I would say I had a pretty perfect balance. Alot of the times i was busy, which meant finishing a bit later than usual and other times, mostly during the day i would have gaps of not much to do, but that wouldn't be for too long. I preferred to be busy that have nothing to do as it means your constantly learning.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I think my first project gave me the most reponsibility. I think this is becuase they really trusted my ability and knew i was capable of really producing the deliverables. On my second project I also had quite a main role and they always pushed me to take on more, which was good.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have definately learnt skills for life. I have not had as much training as i may have liked, but from the varied work i have done i have been able to grasp the use of different softwares and programmes which has been great.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There is a good atmosphere in the Accenture office itself. It varies when you go onto client site, but the Accenture office is great as everyone is working on the same floor and there are great opportunities to have a quick catch up with people
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very well organised in the sense that we all knew what we had to be doing at each stage of the intership and they really do make you feel like a normal collegue of the firm
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I think this could be done a little better, although you do complete a performance review which gets reviewed by your managers, I think managers should be made to really look at this in depth with their analysts and how they can optimise their personal development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very High.Apparently 80-90% of interns get offered a job after their placement
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes there was good social scene. Drinks most fridays with the team. Also a lot of team socials doing fun things like sportdays and kareoke.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is quite expensive to socialise in London, especially as most bars we went to were in the city, the prices were quite high.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Alot of people enjoyed the nightlife in the city.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes there are lots of opportunities. We are kept well infromed about events and shows that we can go to, which is great