Bay 9 Operations Placement Student at Cummins

Huddersfield Yorkshire and Humberside
Engineering

Cummins is a Top Employer

8.0/10

Helping provide support to the Bay 9 Operations and Line support engineers. Creating the BPMX system for the plant and creation of the kanban colour scheme for the plant.

I have really enjoyed my placement at cummins, the work that i have been involved in has taught me alot about production.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

Everyone in the company have very supportive during my placement.

My managers and senior operations engineers have helped me with any problems i have had during this time.

I had an even workload that kept me busy everyday, without being too much to cope with.

I was able to help run two of the assembly line as a support engineer, and also became involved in 2 6 sigma projects.

All of the skills i have developed during this placement will help during my studies and beyond. They have trained me to use different pieces of equipment and software that are often used in industrial environment.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Cummins

Everyone in my office created a fun and friendly atmosphere that allowed me to become a good member of the team.

The university placement office had a few problems with keeping in contact with me during this time but the company helped keep me informed during this time.

They allowed me to join in on many training sessions and any equipment i designed was created quickly without any problems.

I am currently discussing a possible job either next year or after my course.

There were many social nights arranged by the graduates in the company, also many nights out for colleagues celebrations.

It has been a quite cheap for nights out, but the cost of living was a bit high for what i gained from living in that area.

The nightlife was good, it was a bit inconsistant when the university students had left during the holidays, but still enjoyable.

There were many opportunities for additional activities arranged by the company, from helping school children to trips around the country.