Rotated through various teams and supported them with various tasks
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic place to work. I've had a few internships and this was undoubtedly the best.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The majority of the work I did was of great help for the team going forward. I felt valued every step of the way.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had a catch up with my manager every week where he gave me feedback and answered any questions I had.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was relatively busy for the duration of my internship which was ideal as there's nothing worse than being left to twiddle your thumbs!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Given the nature of the internship I was not given a huge amount of responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills developed will be useful for future career rather than further study
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Hard working team, often quiet but also relaxed and very friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well organised. We had two inital training days as well as 'Lunch & Learns' with senior members of the business.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There were 2 days of soft and technical training at beginning of scheme, possibility of excel training days if required for role
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
You can't get on this years grad scheme but much more likely to get on one for next year. Depending on how you did and job openings there are chances you team could keep you on permanently or or least for a few more weeks/months
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great bunch of interns. We had a budger for socials, went out for meals/drinks and frequently met up for lunch.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, internal & external cricket matches, team drinks etc