2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was thanked for the work I did and given good feedback, and included enough to feel like part of the time.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
This varied a bit between who I was working with, but overall my seniors were really happy to give help and answer any questions I had. I definitely recommend asking questions rather than sitting in silence and struggling.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was busy on days when I went out to work with clients, but when in the office there was often not quite enough work to go round as the summer is a quiet season for audit
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a good amount of responsibilty on the placement, and was allowed to work on real jobs and interact with clients. This was one of the strongest points on the placement.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I developed were not particularly relevant to my degree studies, but I feel they are very transferable for my future career, and experience in any kind of finance is very valuable
Imagine yourself working at BDO
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO