BDO Audit Intern at BDO

Gatwick South East

BDO is a Top Employer

7.3/10

7.7

I really enjoyed my placement with BDO overall, the days were quite tiring but this is just the nature of full time work and commuting, not the placement itself.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

I was thanked for the work I did and given good feedback, and included enough to feel like part of the time.

This varied a bit between who I was working with, but overall my seniors were really happy to give help and answer any questions I had. I definitely recommend asking questions rather than sitting in silence and struggling.

I was busy on days when I went out to work with clients, but when in the office there was often not quite enough work to go round as the summer is a quiet season for audit

I was given a good amount of responsibilty on the placement, and was allowed to work on real jobs and interact with clients. This was one of the strongest points on the placement.

The skills I developed were not particularly relevant to my degree studies, but I feel they are very transferable for my future career, and experience in any kind of finance is very valuable

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 6 roles at BDO

The atmosphere was very friendly, but people obviously work hard

The internship was well organised overall

We were given a week of training at the beginning with all the interns from other offices, but I felt this could have been a bit more relevant to the work we were doing during the placement.

BDO seem to give good future opportunities to their interns, but you do have to work hard and earn them.

The social scene seemed to be good in general

The costs are slightly lower than London

The office was quite isolated but people would drive to bars for drinks after work so it was still sociable

We were invited out for drinks and lunches, and also had the opportunity to join in with the annual football tournament