I would make the teas and coffees for the guys, I would get the parts nessesary for the day. I would tend to customers which the actual mechanics were busy and if there were ay problems with the customers I would try and sort them out.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was absolutely fantastic, I learnt so many new things bout the actual mechanics of the great car engine
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was accepted into the team and enjoyed their company. However, I was not of their age as they were much older and more experienced than me, so unfortunately did not have a real connection
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
They hekped me verymuch with all of the things I did not know, he was very helpful and even gave me his noted for the exam that I am taking in september
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On one hand their was lots to do but on the other, I was left on my own for a while sometimes as I could not always help the customers as I only just started and was ann intern. Hopefully this will be better if I get another job the same company
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given some responsiblilty like to do the company filing which is an important task, however I could do everything because I was ot experienced enpugh and their computer systems were very complicated
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
They help me very much, I have an exam i september for mechanics and I am very ready for this as the placement gave me experience which I can apply to the exam
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The poeple were quite fun and the cuistomers were great except sometimesthe office was a bit dull
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Excellent! Everyone knew me and knew why I was there, it jad obviously been previous mentioned and the poeple were always nice to me
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
It was more for my benfit, the company did not really do much, I had no lunch allowance and no further job offers were given, which is a shame
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I feel I can go much further with Porshe and I am very pleased, even though I will have to apply normally I should have an edge because I have worked for them before
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
some students my age were available and there were a few bars/ pubs which I went to with my fellow colleagues
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not expensive for socialising and drinks were cheap as many poeple always go to the pub
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
A few clubs and bars as previously said but sometimes a little boring
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were a few clubs such as tennis club which was fun however I feel there definately could have been mroe!