Being involved in the day to day activities that take place in the tax office.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was a good experience, the people I worked with were amazing and the work was realistic definitely gave a good idea to what my job would be like in the future.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in the local office was really welcoming and friendly. Nothing was a hassle for them to help you with!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The members of department helping me through tax gave me lots of guidance and support and encouraged me to ask questions. The internship manager in the office was fantastic and made sure I was always kept in the loop and up to date.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
There was lots of work for me to do,Usually I stayed past 5 which gave me an idea of what life would be like in a office.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was surprised I was entrusted with so much on my internship.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It showed you how different the practical side of tax is to what you learn theoretically at university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Everyone in the office was amazing! There was cake friday! However even although everyone liked some time to have a chat and a snack. There was always hard work taking place during the day.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The tax manager always had work lined up for me to do when I finished my current task. This meant that I was never bored and didn't have to ask for new tasks. It was really thought out well and made you feel like part of a valued team.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The members of the tax stuff took time to go over what a CA exam could entail and what it was made up of to give me a better idea of what I was facing in the future. They also gave me work that was related to my degree and anything that I struggled with they went through and explained why it was like this so I understood.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Hopefully will secure a graduate position with them in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Everyone on the internship got on really well together. The time we spent together was having dinner or going out for drinks. Even when we had free time we all went out together as a group.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It didn't cost a lot to go out and eat with the office every day.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Always opportunities to go out with people, there is a different club night for each day.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, there was some work events going on which you were welcome to get involved in.