6.7/10

• Organisation
    6.0
  • Socialising
    6.0

- Managing the pricing for all resorts for up to three seasons at a time
- Reviewing reports and responding to changes in volume and margin
- Creating reports
- Competitor analysis
- Checking the set up of hotels on the selling system
- Sending out special offers to promote struggling resorts/hotels
- Applying discounts from hoteliers
- Keeping on top of bookings as they come in and making sure that we are utilizing areas where volume is strong.

2. I was given a lot of responsibility as a placement student and everyone was always very friendly and helpful.

4. My team were always happy to help when I needed it and valued the work I did.

6. I had regular one to one meetings with my manager which were focussed solely around my development. I had objectives to work towards which were regularly reviewed. Also had several informal catch up sessions in the week to check I was ok. I never felt like I couldn't approach my manager if I had an issue.

8. I always had something to do although there were definately busy and quiet periods. However this goes with the nature of the job and was experienced by all.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. I felt like I was given a lot of responsibility and this increased as my placement year went along. Compared to other placement schemes TUI definately give you a lot of responsibility and you are treated as an equal member of the team with an equal workload. I regularly made decisions on my own and my manager was happy for me to do this.

12. I have developed many skills whilst doing my role such as numerical analysis, commercial acumen and time management.

14. Very relaxed and friendly with a lot of charity based events.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. We had a three week induction period and handover with the former placement student which allowed us to gain a good understanding of the organisation from the start and also have a lot of time shadowing. Recruitment process was very quick and efficient with good level of communication.

18. I had very little training and development outside of my job role during my placement year. However this was only an issue for this year and future placement students are likely to receive a lot more.

20. Subsidised Canteen

International Travel

Staff Sales/Staff Shop

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. The graduate scheme is appealing and a retention management policy is being put in place to communicate vacancies at TUI to placement students.

24. There were team nights out monthly which people take in turns to organise.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. I commuted and lived at home however the cost of living and socialising in Luton is very cheap compared to other areas in the South East

28. Luton is a university town however a lot of people visited other areas such as St Albans or caught the train to London for a night out.

30. There are various sporting activities to get involved in such as football or cricket if interested

Business Analytics, Financial Management, Sales, Travel and Tourism