7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
people here are very relaxed and very welcoming and also know how to let down their hair when the time comes
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I think the internship was well organised as i had my email etc all set up for me to arrive and regular meetings etc was carried out to access progress etc
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
i think the cmpany tries to push you to do your best especially being in a very competitive market - however the culture is more relaxed here not like more cut-throat investment banks
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would defintely take up a graduate job if given the opportunity
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Interns and colleagues were always organising things to do together for lunch, after work and sometimes on the weekend which really helps to know each other more. The olympics also gave us lots to talka bout
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Everything in the city is very very expensive but we manage and get by. the trick is knowing where the deals are and knocking where and with who to go with.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
the only nioghtlife i experienced was leaving work late with colleagues. beside that we played golf outside London till midnight
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was always somthing going on - interbank football, golf, go-karting, endless drinks and cinema outing, brunch with mentors and mentees in oxford circus on the weekend
Imagine yourself working at HSBC
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC