Management Trainee Intern at Enterprise Rent-A-Car

Business Management Customer Service Sales

Enterprise Rent-A-Car is a Top Employer

6.8/10

5.2

To help with the overall running of my branch, rent cars, sell products and provide brilliant customer service.

I enjoyed my internship and it gave me lots of practical hands on experience.

Was working with a very young team and so I got on with them all very well. We really worked well as a team and I felt like a valued member from the beginning.

If I made a mistake my manager and supervisors were understanding and helped me to ensure I wouldn't make it again. There was always someone to turn to if I felt unsure but at the same time I was given a lot of responsibility for my work.

It would go through phases of being really busy and then dying off but there was always something to do, especially as I was based at the Airport.

I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement and was taking managerial decisions from day one.

It has helped to improve my communication and interpersonal skills which I believe are vital to succeeding. I also feel confident when taking managerial decisions.

A very positive, competitive atmosphere where we all worked as a team to get something done. In general it was a fun place to work.

Parts of the internship were very well organised but other parts seemed to need a little more work. I didn't get told which branch I was at until the last minute, for example.

The company spent a lot of money and time on training us. It gave you a real sense of belonging somewhere and that they genuinely cared about you which I really appreciated.

I really like the company and its values. The opportunities to progress within the company are in my opinion unrivaled and I believe I could do very well with the company. However, despite the positives I am still not fully sure if its what I want to do and so will be taking some time to think it through.

We had some staff nights out during my time there and as mentioned before everyone got on well.

I lived in Edinburgh so the cost of living was not cheap! But I really enjoyed living there.

Pretty decent, especially when the Fringe Festival was on - there was lots going on in the city then!

Opportunities for social events but not activities such as sport, volunteering etc.