To help with the overall running of my branch, rent cars, sell products and provide brilliant customer service.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoyed my internship and it gave me lots of practical hands on experience.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was working with a very young team and so I got on with them all very well. We really worked well as a team and I felt like a valued member from the beginning.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
If I made a mistake my manager and supervisors were understanding and helped me to ensure I wouldn't make it again. There was always someone to turn to if I felt unsure but at the same time I was given a lot of responsibility for my work.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It would go through phases of being really busy and then dying off but there was always something to do, especially as I was based at the Airport.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a lot of responsibility during my placement and was taking managerial decisions from day one.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has helped to improve my communication and interpersonal skills which I believe are vital to succeeding. I also feel confident when taking managerial decisions.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A very positive, competitive atmosphere where we all worked as a team to get something done. In general it was a fun place to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Parts of the internship were very well organised but other parts seemed to need a little more work. I didn't get told which branch I was at until the last minute, for example.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The company spent a lot of money and time on training us. It gave you a real sense of belonging somewhere and that they genuinely cared about you which I really appreciated.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I really like the company and its values. The opportunities to progress within the company are in my opinion unrivaled and I believe I could do very well with the company. However, despite the positives I am still not fully sure if its what I want to do and so will be taking some time to think it through.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We had some staff nights out during my time there and as mentioned before everyone got on well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived in Edinburgh so the cost of living was not cheap! But I really enjoyed living there.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Pretty decent, especially when the Fringe Festival was on - there was lots going on in the city then!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Opportunities for social events but not activities such as sport, volunteering etc.