To assist staff in the day-to-day running of the buissness. This ranged from dealing with sales and customer service to dealing with the branches finances and sourcing more coporate buissiness
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a good placement, although at times training on the job felt rushed and things were not fully explained.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
The nature of the job entailed that management were kept very busy while in work hours. However, the company did allow a wide range of access to senior management to socialize with and discuss how their carreer/job worked
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The office was very busy just because of the amount of footfall however this was not to the fault of the company
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The company relinquished a lot of control and this was a very enjoyable experience
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Allowed me to develop a new set of skills
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office was an enjoyable place to be while maintaining a proffessional balance with both the customer and other members of staff
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Could have been organised better. On occasions the intership felt a bit haphasardouz with interns starting the role by being thrown in at the deep end and needing to aquire skills on the job
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I feel that although the company gace us basic training and offered us the oppertunity to shadow members of staff not enough time was placed on personal training and development. We were thrown into their management training full time and weren't offered a more intern tailored training programme
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?