Delivering exceptional customer service and selling Enterprise's products.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The internship was very enjoyable. You have to be the type of person that enjoys long hours of work.
The HR team went out of their way to ensure that the interns enjoyed their time here, they provided a BBQ for us and took us for a night out.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Colleagues were very helpful as the entire company has started as a graduate. However at times there was an intern/MA divide.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management were a little un-supportive at times, there were occasions where it seemed as if I was asking silly questions. However the MA's and other colleagues were amazing and would always help out.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
We would be russed of our feet at times and then spend an hour with nothing to do at other times. It often felt like the branch was over-staffed when all the interns were there.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
We were given responsibility dealing with customers from day one. However at times it felt like there was a limit to how much responsibility an intern could take on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I experienced working in sales for the first time which will perhaps be beneficial later in life. We undertook an intern project, analysing ways in which Enterprise could improve it's business. The project heightened skills I already had from university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Most staff members seemed to get on very well, however when working with the same people for 12 hours a day some tension did arise.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The organisation was excellent, induction week, training and branch arrival were all great.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The firm seemed to invest heavily in personal training, and teaching us of the companies values etc. However when it came to actual training for the job (e.g. training for the computer systems) there seemed to be a lack.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The promotion opportunities within Enterprise are great! However you do have to be prepared to work very very hard for a long time before reaching them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great everyone was very sociable, however the long hours make it very difficult.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Fine, same city I usually work and live in.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Same as I am used to!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were plenty of opportunities for us to shadow higher up employees outside of work.