1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Interning at KPMG was a really enjoyable experience where I was made to feel a real part of the team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given responsibility and independent assignments right from the start and was always included in dinners and social events.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Managers and supervisors provided guidance every step of the way. If I was ever unsure of how to proceed with a task there was always someone there to provide assistance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Every day of my internship was planned before I arrived so I always booked to a client site, another department in the office or with a Partner or a Director for work shadowing. Days were busy but sociable.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Within my first two weeks I was contributing to the audit of a large company and speaking to the client on a daily basis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills learnt on my KPMG internship provide an excellent foundation for graduate work as an Auditor - I was taught and implemented methods used in auditing throughout .
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
An audit assistant generally spends little time in the office but from the time that I did spend in the office I would say that the atmosphere was upbeat but professional.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organised from visits to client sites pre-arranged to holiday being assigned.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Other staff gave a great deal of time to the training of interns alongside a regional introductory course at the start of the internship and online training throughout.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would very much like to pursue a career with KPMG.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All interns were invited to Thursday evening football sessions, fantasy football and staff socials.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
KPMG provide hotels and an allowance for dinner whilst on away jobs. Staff stay in the same hotel and generally eat dinner together. The cost of renting accommodation in Nottingham was reasonable.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nottingham is a large and student based city so the nightlife is very good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Interns were invitied to participate in Corporate Social Responsibility days in addition to out of work social clubs. There was also sufficient free time in the evening to pursue independent activities.