Providing support to team members.
Collecting and analysing data.
Carrying out ad-hoc research on relevant topics.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
All the work that I was involved in was interesting and all of my colleagues were a pleasure to work with.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I received regular positive feedback from all the team members, and was never treated like just an intern with my work being valued. Constructive feedback was given so that you would know were the opportunities for development lay
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There were regular catch-up meetings with my manager and any support that I needed was easily accessible
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
The workload was well generally well balanced with only a few periods of relative inactivity.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I mainly compiled ad-hoc research reports and notes for the team that where then often shared internally to the relevant stakeholders
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The internship helped to develop a wide range of skills that will be of use in my studies and beyond as well as gaining a much greater knowledge of the FSA and the finance sector as a whole
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was friendly and it was always easy to approach the relevant people for advice
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Overall the whole experience was well organised with interns being given any guidance that they required (this may have been different in other teams).
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
This was very much down to the individual with opportunities to attend events open to full employees and a large database of e-learning modules that could be completed.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
The FSA is a particularly attractive proposition for a graduate with a competitive starting salary and great working hours. Due to the scope of the FSA there are many different divisions so there should be an area that interests you. If on the internship you perform to a high level then there will be a good chance of a graduate offer.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Good, HR organised a few events, and the sports and social club open to all employees also had organised events
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Quite expensive but it was Canary Wharf so that was to be expected, the canteen was also good value for money.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good bars in close proximity
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Some teams and deparments havw away days to help with team building and teh sports and scoial club has many events that so there should be something to interest everyone.