summer associate at Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)

Canry Wharf Central London and City
Banking - Commercial Banking - Investment Banking - Retail Banking/Finance Public Sector/Governmental

7.9/10

Providing support to team members.
Collecting and analysing data.
Carrying out ad-hoc research on relevant topics.

All the work that I was involved in was interesting and all of my colleagues were a pleasure to work with.

I received regular positive feedback from all the team members, and was never treated like just an intern with my work being valued. Constructive feedback was given so that you would know were the opportunities for development lay

There were regular catch-up meetings with my manager and any support that I needed was easily accessible

The workload was well generally well balanced with only a few periods of relative inactivity.

I mainly compiled ad-hoc research reports and notes for the team that where then often shared internally to the relevant stakeholders

The internship helped to develop a wide range of skills that will be of use in my studies and beyond as well as gaining a much greater knowledge of the FSA and the finance sector as a whole

The atmosphere was friendly and it was always easy to approach the relevant people for advice

Overall the whole experience was well organised with interns being given any guidance that they required (this may have been different in other teams).

This was very much down to the individual with opportunities to attend events open to full employees and a large database of e-learning modules that could be completed.

The FSA is a particularly attractive proposition for a graduate with a competitive starting salary and great working hours. Due to the scope of the FSA there are many different divisions so there should be an area that interests you. If on the internship you perform to a high level then there will be a good chance of a graduate offer.

Good, HR organised a few events, and the sports and social club open to all employees also had organised events

Quite expensive but it was Canary Wharf so that was to be expected, the canteen was also good value for money.

Good bars in close proximity

Some teams and deparments havw away days to help with team building and teh sports and scoial club has many events that so there should be something to interest everyone.