Looking after certain resorts in the late market, by adjusting prices and duration splits, to ensure targets are met. Do this by analysing various forms of data, checking competition and keeping in regular contact with resort to ensure enough beds are on sale at the right hotels at the right price.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyed my year, far outweighed my expectations. Hope to come back after university
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone very friendly and welcoming, always willing to help each other out.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Received very good training and always got clear guidance from management, who were always willing to advise whenever i had any queries.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Always have enough to do, but not too much that ive felt snowed under
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Have had a high amount of responsibility from the start, which has given me fantastic experience and is a great confidence boost. Doing the same job that everyone else is doing, so dont feel like a placement student, more like a full time employee
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
An invaluable experience, being given so much responsibility has helped my self belief and confidence, as well as developing a lot of skills, mainly data analysis and decision making. Have had lots of training in a wide range of areas which has been very beneficial. Having experience of working in a competitive industry will help massively with my final year studies, as i will have many real life examples to back up the theories
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Quite laid back, everyone got on well. Plenty of social events
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised from start to finish. Good personal touch, felt a part of the company even before i started
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had a very thorough induction. Since then have had lots of training in various areas, couldnt have asked for more
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would love to come back after uni
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Regularl social activities, meals, nights out etc
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lived at home so was cheap for me
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good train links to other places, eg st albans and london
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were lots of activities, including a wide range of sports