Day to day logging of journalist enquiries. Event planning. Helping with press releases. Helping with social media. Attending meetings with journalists and employees.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed it, wasn't looking forward to giving up a summer but a lot more fun than expected. All the interns were really nice and all the employees seriously nice too.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Could have been busier but always had something to do. If not something for my team then there was the group project.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As much as is possible for an intern. I had a lot of responsibility over planning a couple of events
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
None for degree studies but learnt a huge amount that will be invaluable for future jobs
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really good, lots of chat within the team. Lots of activties put on. This may vary depending on your floor/team, distribution though has a really nice atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Really well organised. We had two inital training days, plus another presentation skills training day at a later date. There is a group project where in teams you have to invest 10 mil (fantasy) and do a report and presentation on what you did.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
As above, three really good training days, then my team was really good at teaching me things.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
You can't get on this years grad scheme but much more likely to get on one for next year. Depending on how you did and job openings there are chances you team could keep you on permanently or or least for a few more weeks/months
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes we had two social events which we could organsie, we went to windsor races and laser quest. We also did a lot of post work drinks and suppers in our spare time as everyone got along really well.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's london so very expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, some people joined sporting team activities, we had our socials. If you were here for longer you could do lots of things.