Variety of smaller projects, assisting Client Directors with day to day tasks etc as welll as more substantial undertakings (fund analysis, presentations, reviews, group projects) throughout the process
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great place to work - collegiate atmosphere and a well organised scheme
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very supportive from the start
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Manager checked on me regularly throughout the day
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Difficult as team was very client facing so couldn't get involved with everything - but had projects to be getting on with
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Again ,client facing business so restrictions on how much responsibility an intern can be given.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Useful for future career rather than further study
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Hard working team, often quiet but also relaxed and very friendly
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Very well organised scheme - good involvement from HR
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
2 days of soft and technical training at beginning of scheme, possibility of excel training days if required for role
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Difficult one, as it wasn't always clear whether teams/divisions were looking to convert their interns into full-time hires
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Budget for socials given, regular meals/drinks, many of us met up for lunch
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?