1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my job whilst I was in Enterprise. I had a really good raport with the customers and all Enterprise colleagues I came into contact with.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I got on really well with my colleagues and will be in touch with them once I have finished my internship. They answered all of my questions and always had time to listen to me if I had a problem.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a Management Trainee folder, which outline the information and skills I should have at each monthly stage of my employment.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was always busy at Enterprise, which made the day go really fast. You rarely "clock-watch" at the company and each day is different.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had the same responsibilities as those who worked in my position full time
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I was given a lot of responsibility and was in regular contact with my Area and City Managers
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
When we were busy and had deadlines, the atmosphere was professional and everyone worked as a team to achieve targets and ensure complete customer satisfaction. When the office had no customers, we all had fun whilst at the same time, continuing with our work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The training was in-depth and I was given my own Management Trainee folder to follow, which outlined where I should be in a certain month, in terms of my knowledge and skills.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Enterprise invested so much time in me given I was just an intern and not a full-time employee. I expected to be treated slightly differently as my employment was only contracted for 3 months but i was treated the same as everyone else and this really helped me to fit in and feel happy and comfortable in my new environment.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have built a good foundation at Enterprise to return there perhaps in my placement year or on a part-time or University holiday basis
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we all kept in touch via email.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Not tooo bad, manageable on the pay
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
never really went out on the town much
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was always a work event going on e.g. a day at thorpe park or a colleague's birthday or just everyone going out for dinner or drinks after work