Intern at HSBC

HSBC is a Top Employer

6.4/10

6.5
7.4

Meet and greet, machine checks, administration,completing customer service and efficiency project

It was an excellent experience and I have learnt a lot about the banking sector.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

The team was very supportive and shared their experiences of being in the bank openly.

I felt that I could ask for help and if my manager was busy I could always get support from a member of the team.

Unfortunately, because of the secure nature of the bank there were limits to the tasks which I could carry out. However, there was scope to drive my own internship.

I felt the team tried to give me as much responsibility as possible.

I have learnt a lot about myself and have developed my knowledge of banking.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

There was a good work and play balance. Scope to laugh and joke while work was being done.

The placement was well organised and the handbook provided details of where I should be at each stage in the internship. However, I felt that the team were unsure of how much I was allowed to get involved in and I would have liked previous exposure to the system used.

The induction, experience and volunteering days were some of the best on my placement and I learnt a lot about the values of the bank.

At HSBC you are the driver of your career and personal development.

I would go out with members of the team outside of work.

There were many places to eat and grab a drink in the area.

There was an opportunity to go out with the interns whilst on our experience and volunteering day.

The organisation is big on raising money for charity.