Deloitte Scholar at Deloitte

Placement (5-9 Months)

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.9/10

A 7 month placement on your gap year in either audit, tax or consulting. Then one month placement every university year.

I enjoyed the work and environment at Deloitte

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

The people were great. They helped me to settle in and I felt they really valued my contribution.

Everything was explained to me and I was given realistic deadlines.

It depends on which placement. In audit I was occasionally too busy, particularly during busy season. However, in tax the balance was perfect. Having said this, if you are looking for a 9-5 this is perhaps not the right place to work.

The work I was given was challenging, however, too much responsibility wasn't heaped on me all at once so it was a good balance.

The training itself is quite specific to accounting, however, you also learn about what office life is like in a big multi-national company so this is experience that you can take with you even if you didn't want to pursue a career in accounting.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Sometimes serious and time-pressured but mostly quite relaxed and fun.

There is a large recruitment team and they make sure the Scholar scheme runs seamlessly

You are sent to college along with graduates and receive exactly the same training as them. There is a lot invested in you.

I've got an interview for a graduate job with them.

The scholars all got along really well and there was a few social events organised for us during the placement.

I worked in the London office and living costs are very high in this area. However, in the regional offices prices may be lower.

Nightlife is good but very expensive.

Deloitte has hundreds of sports clubs, drama clubs etc. It also holds numerous events and socials.