2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people were great. They helped me to settle in and I felt they really valued my contribution.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Everything was explained to me and I was given realistic deadlines.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
It depends on which placement. In audit I was occasionally too busy, particularly during busy season. However, in tax the balance was perfect. Having said this, if you are looking for a 9-5 this is perhaps not the right place to work.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The work I was given was challenging, however, too much responsibility wasn't heaped on me all at once so it was a good balance.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The training itself is quite specific to accounting, however, you also learn about what office life is like in a big multi-national company so this is experience that you can take with you even if you didn't want to pursue a career in accounting.
Imagine yourself working at Deloitte
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte