Scholar at Deloitte

Accountancy Auditing/Tax

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

9.6/10

9.6

The Deloitte scholar scheme is a 7 month placement that you can apply for in the gap year between leaving college/sixth form and starting at university. I worked within the audit department during my placement and my daily activities would be attending a year end audit for one of our clients and analysing and testing the reliability of their financial statements. There was a lot of travel involved and I got to meet a wide range of different businesses from different industries.

The various placements I have completed have been fantastic and I would recommend a placement with Deloitte to anybody with an interest in finance and business.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

I was integrated into the department straight away.

If I needed any help at all when I was working there was always somebody ready and willing to help me.

I was never stuck for work, as soon as I started my placement I was thrown in at the deep end and placed on a job within the first few weeks and was given various sections of an audit to do.

I was given the same responsibilities as the new graduate employees straight away which was unexpected but challenging!

The skills I learnt were extremely valuable and have assisted me in my degree as I can now relate to how certain theories can be used practically in a workplace.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Deloitte organised many social events for the staff when I was there which were great ranging from after work drinks, Christmas parties and family fun days.

It was really well set up as the scheme I took part on allowed me to complete various different placements as I completed my university degree.

They continually invested in my training and helped me with my university fees whilst I was studying.

I will be returning to work for Deloitte when I graduate.

Great social scene with many events organised by Deloitte and by the staff individually at the office I worked at.

Manchester is great value for money rent wise and travel wise.

Great bars and restaurants and gigs in Manchester every single week.

There were various different sport teams within the office I worked at that you could take part in and different charity activities.