I had the chance to help the person who was in charge of the planning and the strategy of events regarding Graduate Recruitment.
I had to book Bloombergs reservation for different career fairs, I had to get in contact with other Universities to plan our coming.
I also had the chance to look around the firm, do some networking but most of all do some shadowing and they let me shadow the sectors I was interested in.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Incredible experience - the summer flew
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Mentor is amazing
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days quite busy, others are bit more calm
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Quite a lot, was in charge of the campus approach strategy from a Recruitment perspective
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It will help my relationship management
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere was really good, the employees are really approachable, there is no barrier to speak to the managers.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The internship was very well organised, lots of events, lots of networking, lots of opportunities to discover.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was in HR and we did not have a particular training, however the training for Sales and Global Data or R&D is intense!
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Got an offer!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Very good social scene, lots of opportunities to go out with colleagues with other interns!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The city is a bit expensive to live in, however the pubs around are not that expensive
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Amazing : Thirsty Thursdays!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Lots of philantropy events and community work. There was also sports club in the firm such as Basketball ect