1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Really enjoyed working as part of the Enterprise team, everyone was very accomodating and helpful. I experienced a variety of the business practices and leant a lot.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone within the branch i worked in was extremely friendly and helpful and i felt like i had been there for years. Outside of the branch, higher management/HR etc. were all very approachable and would endeavour to help me
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was regularly praised by my manager was well as being constructive criticism, generally after dealing with each customer so i could improve next time.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
We were extremely busy all the time, and it felt like we could have used 2 more people, however it meant i was always doing a job thus always learning
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a huge amount of responsibilty from day one which i throughly enjoyed as it helped me progress very quickly
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt some very valuable skills especially with regards to communication and also personal attributes which have surfaced due to the job. I was always aware that working hard means you would be rewarded, but enterprise has cemented that mentality in myself as they are always looking to reward employees.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Each day was different but no matter how busy we were or how many customers we dealt with who were not in a great mood due to their own circumstances, everybody was always so upbeat. It made the early mornings a lot easier knowing the environment i was going into
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was all extremely organised and i was always contacted to be kept up to date with advances in my progression to getting the internship. The actual placement was just as well organised especially with the trainee guide all interns are given
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt, the company and especially my branch manager knew i had the potential to do well, but i just needed to believe in myself and everyone has helped me do that
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would consider returning to Enterprise after i graduate, however i am undecided yet because i would like to work in the finance sector, and to work within this department at enterprise would take 4 yers plus
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I kept in touch with many of the people i met on my placement, however we were all working different hours or too busy to meet up
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I lived at home so was perfect as i was 10 minute drive from work
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Not that great in Reading
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Some employees endeavoured to arrange social activities but everyone was free at different times so was very hard to organise