2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were very friendly and accepting. Yet it is important to prove yourself if you want to be valued and respected by your colleagues!
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My line manager is an outstanding branch manager who did not hold back from telling me anything despite the fact I was only going to be there for a short period of time.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Work hours are 9 - 5. I was in charge of two business projects, but as projects go there is quite a bit of down time. Times when I wasn't so busy I offered to help out with whatever I could, from back office to front office.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsiblity and ownership of my business projects. The responsiblities I was given were within my expectations, so I'd say its reasonable.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There aren't many technical skills that were learnt or developed. More importantly I've learnt and developed important management and leadership skills with the guideance of my branch manager.
Imagine yourself working at HSBC
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC