First Year Summer Intern in Retail Banking at HSBC

HSBC is a Top Employer

9.2/10

9.7
8.6

• Working in a HSBC retail bank branch for 7 weeks and performing the day-to-day branch customer servicing procedures.
• Attending regional branch meetings and webminars, learning about typical financial products via face-to-face training and online support.
• Excelled on multiple projects to analyze and improve the branch performance, under direct supervision of branch manager.

Has been an extremely worthwhile experience so far . Retail is completely different from what I thought of - but that surprise made it fun and challenging.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

My branch is another family of mine - everyone knows my name on the first day!

I was assigned 3 mentors, one for each of my projects, a line manager and many more support from across the bank!

Can't breath! A lot of things to learn and need to get done, and I'm self motivated to get it done!

My project plays a huge importance for the performance of not only my branch but also the area and the region - so I even got the chance to present my findings to area directors and other branches. My hardwork I put in felt extremely worthwhile!

I gained a huge amount of knowledge about different products and bank procedure, at the same time, serving customers helped me learn a new thing every day!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

Very chill and relaxed - extremely different from the investment banks I worked for before.

Very organised in term of support and learning, as well as social events for interns,yet I didn't give 10 stars because some sessions during inductions and interns event was not quite well timed.

A huge amount - it costs the branch a lot more time and effort to give me training and support - and I'm motivated to contribute back to HSBC because of that.

Will definitely consider next year internship.

Other interns are hillarious and have very good sense of people skills!

Expensive - especially during the Olympics! My salary is *just* enough to cover my rent - to show how expensive it is!

Central London is amazing - Olympics season has added extra festive flavour to it!

A lot of things going on everyday - and many are for charitable purposes! I love it!