Summer Intern at HSBC

Banking - Commercial Food and Drink

HSBC is a Top Employer

6.1/10

6.0

7 weeks summer internship in a Commercial centre. Working with CARM, browser and other resources. Completed a project to help all the rms.

I enjoyed learning about the different functions within the commercial centre. Meeting the team and clients was also excellent.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

To some colleagues I felt very close while others didn't seem to have much time for me. So a mix but nothing offensive.

My manager was away for two weeks so obviously support was lacking at this point. Overall I found I had to personally drive my internship.

There were days that flew by due to the amount of interesting work I was doing, however there were also days that I can't say I did anything meaningful on.

I had to take responsibility for myself during the placement.

I do feel that many of the things I have learnt will be very useful if I do take up a career with HSBC.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at HSBC

When the people I got on with were in the office was a great place to work. However other days it seemed dull.

I found myself at a loose end a fair bit. Seemed that the centre didn't really know what to do with me.

I do feel that I have developed over the 7 weeks and that is due to the firm investment.

I feel it would be very hard for me to refuse an offer if one came.

I really enjoyed the social side with other interns.

I lived at home due to being close to my placement so cheap and good socially.

Chester? Two clubs... but good enough for me.

There were quite a few, but could have been more/