I was in retail banking, so was situated in a GCB 4 branch. I was given a project to complete for the branch, as well as having a check list from the internship coordinators to complete, and a charity challenge to organise. I was also regularly needed on meet and greet, and just tried to help where I could.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was away for 3 weeks of my internship and I wasn't really given a replacement one. So I did not get many one on ones, and sometimes felt lost as to what I was supposed to be doing
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Within the branch, the placement was well organised. However from a company perspective, the support and organisation of the internship from Head Office was very impressive.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very appealing, the graduate scheme seems to offer a wide range of different placements and allows you time in different departments to gage what you are interested in.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Living in my home town, so costs were minimal
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?