Executive management intern at HSBC

Banking - Retail Charity/Non Profit Customer Service Psychology

HSBC is a Top Employer

6.4/10

5.2

-complete a project given by the manager.

The internship was enjoyable predominantly because of the people I was working with. The team made the internship a lot funnier and enjoyable than perhaps it would have otherwise have been.

I would have liked to have had more variation, however, hence why I have rated 8/10

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

My colleagues were fantastic treating me as an equal from the get go.

I have only had 1 to 1, usually because the management and supervision are so busy. Plans were made, but often had to be adjusted to account for last minute changes.

This however, I found was a blessing, because I was given very little guidance, and as an indepednent learner was ideal. However, I would have liked more feedback on my progress.

This varied on the day. Thursday onwards the branch would have high footfall which would mean the day was more busy, and a lot of fun. Whereas, Wednesday's and Tuesdays were a lot more quite and hence whilst I could spend more time on my project I did not get the same variation.

A fair amount. I had to do a project critical to customer satisfaction and thus branch performance. In addition I was given opportunities to do things like conduct interviews, and write up other reports all which were enjoyable.

I would say the soft skills, in terms of management of employee relationships, dealing with compliants are life long skills. However, due to my prior work experience, there was a limited benefit of other areas of development like social skills.

These were more career skills, rather than study skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 9 roles at HSBC

As mentioned earlier it was the people that made it so fun.

The internship it self was well organised, although some of the events I attended I got the details very last minute.

I did not receive personal training and had only one, one to one, so I can not say the firm led to vast amount of personal development. The training and learning I had to do at the beginning of the induction, meant that I was more aware of the HSBC culture, and the company telling me more about themselves and what they stand for, rather than personal training.

Of course, things such as identifying fraud were useful, however, these were too rare for me.

Good company, good prospects, working there, gave me a much better insight into the company culture.

There were ample events to meet other interns.
I received fairly frequent emails updating me of
the activities of other interns.

My area is relatively cheap to buy goods and go out in.

This is a comparative judgement and is subjective.
I am from London hence, anything in comparison to
London is going to struggle.

Not particualrly, most people understandably do their own things.