Consult and advise customers on Spa days and breaks. Have good venue knowledge of all our spas across the UK in order to advise the customer on the spa day or break that best suits their needs.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Had a great placement year and met lots of great people!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Working in a smaller company meant that I was given a lot more responsibilities than I maybe would have at a larger company and also every face in the office was a familiar & friendly face.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Once the initial 1 month of training was completed I was left to my own devices. I found the best way to learn was to be "thrown in at the deep end" but whenever I needed help or support I was always offered it and had "top up" training throughout the year.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
During the busy periods it does get quite manic however with continuous training throughout the placement you quickly learn how to manage your workflow. During quieter periods I got the chance to experience working in other departments which gave me a wider perspective of the company.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As mentioned previously, working in a smaller company meant that you get more responsibilities as you are left to your own devices. Once trained I was able to get straight onto the phones talking to customers.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Working for a smaller company allowed me to see the business from all departments. It has also been a great experience to put all the theory learned in my studies into practice.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
With most of the employees either being current placement students or ex-placement students coming back as graduates the office is very young.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Having a large bunch (25 this year) of placement students coming in every year Golfbreaks are very experienced in setting up placement years and after getting feedback from their students every year they know how allow students to get the most out of their placement year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Had a solid 1 month training at the beginning of the placement and throughout the placement had "top up" sessions to allow us to develop the skills we have learnt even more.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Lots of the students get offered a place once they have graduated and lots of them do take up the offer.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There were around 25 students in my year plus all of the graduates who have come back recently as students so, as mentioned before, it is an extremely young company who are always looking to be social.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Being a tourist town and so close to London Windsor isn't the cheapest place to socialise, especially being used to student prices.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Different places to go out for drinks, food and a proper night out! So easy to get into London too.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There was plenty of activities in Windsor and the surrounding area; lots of social activities and lots people of joined a gym with discounted membership through Golfbreaks.com