Technical Analyst at Experian

Clapham, London South East
Information Technology

8.7/10

8.6

The primary function of a Technical Analyst in the Technical Support team is to field and resolve technical issues raised via the web, e-mail and phone. The nature of these issues will range from basic installation queries from small businesses, to complex integration challenges from enterprise level companies. You will be responsible for independently prioritising and managing your own request workload within the framework of an established service policy, including identifying when issues need to be escalated.

To help you with this we provide 2 weeks of intensive technical training, reinforced by a successful 'buddy' scheme, followed by numerous specialist training sessions after 1-2 months of tenure. You will also regularly receive feedback on your progress from customer surveys, managers and your team.

After 1-2 months of tenure you will also be allocated dedicated time to work on projects that benefit both you and the department, typically working with other team members or stakeholders from around the business. You will also be encouraged to submit new ideas and help drive improvements in our support offering.

Great company culture, competitive salary, young people to socialise with, massive socialising emphasis with lots of free lunches and drinks involved.

Like a family, close knit and lots of fun!

You get just enough support and guidance and there's more if you need it, but you're encouraged to learn more to move into different parts of the organisation quickly and swiftly.

You get extremely busy moments but then again you get the quiet period (Christmas etc). Its at a good balance and I hear they've put in more facilities to control the busy areas better!

I was given lots of responsibility right away, kind of like baptism near fire. There's no better way to understand and learn to be honest. There's opportunity to take on as much as you want and can!

Soft skills are an amazing quality to have in your final year so if you've picked it up from a year placement, it'll definatly pay off! You learn how to be professional on a whole new level and really engage in "pro business talk" so definatly a place where you pick up skills for life!

Its up to you and your team to make the fun, if you like you can come in, do you work and leave or you can come in, have some fun whilst doing your work (and getting it done!) and leave happy! I had the best team at the time!

Besides the training which was a little unorganised, it was massively improved before I left so its 10/10 for that now. Everything else flows like water.. smooth!

With the year placement, if you're in a particular job role, expect to stay in that role. If you're in a graduate position you have the opportunity to move up or left to right. Although this was disappointing because you want to expand, you do have the opportunity to LEARN about other roles and help out but you have to stick to your own job as a year placement.

I haven't applied again because my career path has changed but if I was interested in the same industry then I'd totally go back and with my experience knowing the people, I feel I'd stand a pretty good chance of getting back in there! I know others who have come back and are very high up in the organisation after only a few years!

Socialising was paramount to the company, they really do invest in parties and events, and with local restaurants and pubs, you're bound to go out and have a blast with colleagues!

I didn't live in the area but I heard that it was reasonable, but don't take my word for it on this one!

With Clapham Common right outside and being South London, its pretty good. I wasn't the nightlife type but there's plenty to do!

Pretty well distributed area in terms of things to do. Salsa classes for one, grab a football and go to the park with the team or grab a racquet and play some squash or badminton! Lots to do outside work!