Human Resources Intern at UBS

Banking - Investment Human Resources

UBS is a Top Employer

8.3/10

8.6

Assist line manager in daily duties in International Mobility and Generalist functions. This included updating and reviewing policies, finding ways of cost-cutting and presenting to internal and external clients.

I was put in two thoroughly enjoyable functions, International Mobility and in a Generalist HR role during my time. It enabled me to get a great overview of the firm and be exposed to many internal and external clients.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

I was given meaningful work, answered fully whenever I had questions and generally was made to feel welcome throughout my time.

My managers helped me at every turn, giving me advice and useful feedback whenever it was required, as well as giving me positive reinforcement regularly to make me feel like I was part of the team.

During my first rotation there were times where it would be quiet as a lot of the work was project based, so when I finished one, I often had to wait for the next one to come in. As this was reliant on the information given by clients, I had good exposure to managing such relationships. During my second rotation, there was a steady flow of work throughout the day.

Being attached to two relatively small functions and with large changes being made within HR at UBS, I was provided with plenty of individual projects that were of importance to the department. I was involved in reviewing and updating policy and reporting financial savings as a result of cost-cutting initiatives.

I learned a lot about economics during my internship which is great for my studies, however, it is the transferable skills that I will look to retain. Writing emails in a professional manner, presenting to some very senior members of staff and self motivation are skills I will cherish.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Far exceeding my expectations for a Financial Services firm, there was a lot of fun around the Olympics, as well as a friendly atmosphere throughout the department.

UBS has a lot of exprience with internships and it showed, everything from the events planned, to the work I had to and the introductory sessions, the internship was extremely well organised.

We had many tutorials within HR to show what each function within HR did. There were also several general introductory sessions to investment banking and economics. Most of the learning was however on the job.

UBS will be a great place to build a career.

Every Thursday/Friday and several other days throughout the internship. Most of us became good friends during the internship.

The downside of London, especially during Olympic time!

Great- but at a cost!

Plenty of social and voluntary activities were available on a near daily basis. A partnership with local schools and charities provided a couple of fun days during the internship.