Associate at Deloitte

Deloitte  is a Top Employer

7.4/10

7.4

6.0

I worked for 3 weeks in Audit Insurance and Investment management, and 3 weeks in Corporate Tax, International. While I was working in audit, I was at the client site, and assisted the team with the testing of the company's accounts. I was often checking third-party documentation to ensure that the figures were all correct, and I was able to speak to the clients to gain the necessary information. While I was in tax, I was based in the Deloitte offices. I assisted many different members of the department. Some of the things I did include completing engagement letters and conflict checks for new clients, researching about companies, checking figures in tax computations, and drafting emails and letters. I also had the opportunity to sit in on some meetings with partners.

I had a really good placement, and really enjoyed working with everyone. My only complaint was that I didn't have a lot of work to do at the beginning.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Everyone was really friendly and willing to give me work.

Whenever I didn't understand anything, I could always go and ask someone to explain it to me.

In tax I generally had the perfect balance, but in audit there sometimes was too little work.

I was given work to do, but generally not much where I had a lot of responsibility.

Gained good communication skills and organisational skills

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte

Generally everyone was very friendly

Great, buddy scheme was very useful, as they could always try and answer any questions you had, and helped you settle in at the beginning

Not a lot of specific training was given, but this would all be given to us if we were offered a graduate position

I have an interview coming up, and would really love to work for the firm if I was offered a place!

It was really nice, as the interns often met up for a drink or two after work, and we all made an effort to meet on friday evenings which was nice

Fairly normal for London!

Not sure about the area I worked in...we often went to Leicester Square

I personally didn't have much opportunity to get involved in this during the placement, but I know that there is a lot you can get involved with in the firm - maybe would have more of a chance if I was working here for longer