Integration Analyst at IBM

Portsmouth

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for IBM

IBM is a Top Employer

4.2/5

4.8
3.8
3.8

In short, when IBM acquires a company, my role was to assist in merging the acquired company accounts into IBM.

I really got to do a lot of what I learnt in school and was given the opportunity to add value to the company. This was definetly not a fetch coffee and filing job.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

My colleagues trusted me to take ownership of many areas within different projects they were working on, sometimes giving me full ownership as well.

My manager was always there to support me and gave me career guidance and advice which has helped me structure my future plans.

I was given more than enough work with a time limit and left to work on my own. Whenever I got stuck, my team was there to assist me but they gave me enough space as well to work and figure things out. As I got more proficient, my work level increased so that I never had any dry days.

While my role was not absolutely critical, the work I did made a difference quite often and resulted in the smoother running in many areas of the team.

I have learnt and developed skills that I can take anywhere I go with me and will be a great asset when I return to university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 7 roles at IBM

Was busy and quite at times, but there was always a few jokes that would flow across the floor.

The Foundation team who looked after placements and graduates did a superb job. There are hardly any areas I can comment on that did not run smoothly.

There were a lot of educational sessions and courses that we could attend as long as there was a business need.

I have gotten through an advanced process and completed my interview already. I am now waiting on word on whether I have passed or failed.

The placement students worked really well together this year and quite often we took up an entire area for ourselves in the canteen as we sat together for lunch.

The cost of living was cheap. Rent was around £250 - £300 and the utility bills were not much. The clubs were not bad either.

It was not too bad, but most of the clubs were more into techno and cheese, whereas I was more into R&B.

There were different sport activities but I did not get involved in any.