UBS Operations Intern at UBS

Banking - Investment

UBS is a Top Employer

7.7/10

Daily reporting and assisting teams with projects involved in daily deals

The workload is doable for most second year students, reasonable hours and your colleagues are very willing to help when you encounter any problems.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Colleagues are extremely friendly and very well in explaining tasks and responsibilities. You can always go back to ask questions but obviously try not to ask the same question twice.

I was given full support since I started with the firm. They do sometimes give you some tasks that you have no clue how to start but it makes the internship more interesting and different and they will gradually guide you through.

I am busy most days with occasional breaks.

I was mainly assisting the team but eventually I have been given the opportunity to take on a fair amount of daily tasks that graduates will be doing.

I am more organised and have a better management in time. In terms of my degree I did use some of my finance knowledge into the internship but I have also learnt a fair bit of practical finance knowledge which is different from textbook.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Extremely friendly with occasional lively/friendly conversation across all staffs!

It would be better to have some sort of background readings before the internship so we have a general idea of what we will be working on. Having said that, the introduction from my manager was really detailed.

There are quite a number of skills session and educations session which they built up not only your industry knowledge, but also connecting the industry to news and personal skills.

Fellow students are very friendly and sociable so that is not a problem.

London is very expensive as expected.

There are some great pubs if you enjoy having a drink with your friends and colleagues.

There are reasonable amount of time outside work so there are opportunities to get involved in anything outside work.