Comparisons of companies
Doing valuations and forecasting
Lots of work on Excel and Powerpoint
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This is a job that I can definitely see myself doing after I finish university.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Part of a small, close-knit team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Really excellent support and guidance from my buddy and the other analysts, without which I would have struggled at first.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Very occassionally left with nothing to do, but on the whole I felt busy but at a very manageable level.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As the weeks go on I have been given much more responsibility and left in control of more complicated tasks.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Really vital skills and training, perhaps not so much for my degree studies but certainly for beyond university especially if I am working in this industry in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very relaxed atmosphere most of the time which helped me feel more at home, but when work needed to be done it became suitably more serious.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Excellent organisation by all the HR staff.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
During the training week, UBS had many important and influencial people talk to us to ensure we were well prepared for the start of the internship which really helped. Further tutorials throughout are also helping.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Too early to tell yet
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Got along very well with most of the other interns. Usually socialise with them at lunch.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Food and drink is fairly expensive in the area.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Haven't experienced nightlife in the area.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?