My main tasks are to support the process of deploying the new software to the bank and to organise huge testing team helping them with going through the testing process.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Amazing team, great opportunities. I made huge improvements during the internship.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Always very helpful and committed to work. Great people to work with.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There is always someone who is ready to help. I am also given a lot of freedom in the project and a lot of responsibility.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Project requires hard work and you have to put a lot of effort. However there is a lot of satisfaction after a job well done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
After few weeks of introduction I was given a lot of responsibility which enabled me to improve myself very quickly. The amount of responsibility grew with the progress I made.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I experienced much more than I expected. I was invited to many important meetings during which I could see how managers work, decide and lead the project. Being given a lot of responsibility I had to acquire a lot of new skills to be able to organise myself. Flexible and raising expectations from my managers were huge catalyst to my development.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
People are kind, helpful and happy. They are also focused on their assignments.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was given the right amount of work to cope with. Each day I face new challenges. I know exactly the main aim of the project and I never feel lost or useless.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I attended many additional trainings about economy, my colleagues were always giving me useful tips.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There are a lot of additional events organised by ubs, like community affairs, sport games, book sales and many others.