2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
In some respects it is difficult due to the market at the moment and the busy nature of the department I worked in, however whenever possible I was made to feel like a part of the group, never afraid of asking a question knowing I would get a useful answer.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
We were provided with a buddy and a champion, this was an associate and a manager respectively. These people were chosen to take care of us, provide us with anything we needed or help if we were struggling. Whilst again I found it slightly difficult due to the nature of the market and resulting complexity of the work, I felt that I could always ask them for assistance whenever necessary.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Was fairly quiet at the start but 6 weeks in I constantly have work to do, but not so much that I am working 24 hour days, just enough to give me the insight I wanted, push me and challenge me and make me think as someone in the job would be expected to
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
At first I was fairly limited, but having built trust with managers, I am simply sent work and expected to produce it to a standard that any other worker would produce
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have learnt so much about the nature of this type of workplace, the business environment and the interaction approach required. Whilst not necessarily useful in my degree, will be very useful in the future.
Imagine yourself working at Deloitte
RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 13 roles at Deloitte