- updating pitchbooks
- industry/company research
- pulling data from sources
- wracking my brains for the above
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Was fortunate enough to be placed in a very fun and outgoing team.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was given responsibilities and included in discussions right from the first day, and had the opportunity to have some materials I made shown to the client - that was the highlight of my internship so far.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Varied among different colleagues but it was good overall.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Level of business varied, but was busy for most of the time.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Lots (see above)
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Learned a lot, not only in relation to the work but also honed my work ethic and time management.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Fun a large majority of the time, but there were always stressful period/ crunch time.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
There was an orientation week where we attended a crash course on accounting/valuation. Throughout the internship there were numerous seminars and tutorials as well. But self-learning was still very important to grasp the concepts thoroughly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The time and effort invested by HR and the firm's employees must have been very costly - but it definitely gave me a better idea of the work involved.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Not sure yet - depends on the situation in the financial sector. But the team I worked with is definitely one of the best teams to be in a graduate role.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
No one had much time to socialise.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Beers during the break from work on Thursday/ Friday evenings.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?