Compiling powerpoint presentations and documents. Updating comps models and other financial company details. Building models for valuations (DCF etc). Helping with work on deals (pitch books, presentations etc)
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very interesting learning experience, though hours were very very long
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Hugely varied. Good atmosphere in the office on the whole
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Very helpful buddy, always willing to answer questions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Work definitely came in waves. Annoyingly often would spend the whole day doing nothing, then the evening would be hectic and would end up staying late
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
To start with none, but got better once on a deal
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Excel/powerpoint skills useful, and all valuation techniques etc will be very helpful in future job. Training wasnt too good: much better when learning by doing on the job
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
On the whole good, though there were times which weren't too good, often late at night
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Lots of seminars/training planned in advance which was good, though pre-internship project was a shambles, with HR forgetting to send out emails beforehand, then blaming our team for not responding
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Very good in this sense. Everybody was keen to teach and help you learn by answering questions
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
No idea at this stage, though would like to come back!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Definitely. Everybody was very friendly
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London will be London!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Again, London has it all, though we didn't get any time to enjoy it!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?