- Data mining
- Assisting senior colleagues
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I am happy to work in different industry teams (Metals&Mining, Oil&Gas etc..), and now I work on real privatization deal, which is really important for my country. What I do not like, is the level of tasks - I can do more complicated things, however I am given boring and easy tasks like "find this research", "do formating", "find these figures" and so on.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I sit with nice people, we do a good job together, however in investment banking business it's quite difficult to be a family.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I do not need to much guidance as have some experience, however if people have free time - they're happy to help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Balance is not good, as in all IB business - you might sit all day and drink tea and at the evening receive a "present".
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
The key thing I do not like in my internship - lack of serius tasks like modeling, valuation and so on. I do a lot of data mining, formating and so on.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
As the tasks a not complicated and nothing new - my mark is so bad.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere is normal and working.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Everything is organised perfectly to use you 24/7 - I even got blackberry :)
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I really enjoyed one week in London - the tocket, hotel and so on were costly but all was done in an excellent manner. It did not give me and new knowledge, but I really had a great time.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
To early to say, we will see.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Once we had some drinks in caffee - was quite nice.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I live 50 minutes form my flat, so all is OK.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
My nightlife is in the office.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I want to come home and sleep. Do not want anyhting else.