1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great Place. Great people. The perfect learning environment from an internship perspective.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Extremely approachable colleagues who are willing to answer any questions one may have.
Given some demanding tasks which required much thought and technical skills, tasks which could only be given to an intern if they can be trusted.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Always willing to help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Was able to complete all the tasks set, but still had time to sit with other desks and learn about other areas across the bank.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Some tasks carried a lot of responsibility, particularly those where the end product was actually to be used by senior management.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Increased knowledge of financial products and how different functions within the bank operate.
Enhanced Excel skills and have become well acquainted with the key software used in finance (e.g. Reuters).
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very pleasant working environment - colleagues are highly sociable, yet professional at the same time.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Always had work to do. There were also plenty of networking and social events organised which were a great way to meet new faces.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
First week consisted of a financial training programme which broadly increased knowledge of products - felt very prepared going into rotation.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Strong desire to work at this organisation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Most certainly. Plenty of time for socialising and meeting new people.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?