Investment Bank - Summer Analyst (COO Function) at UBS

London Liverpool Street Central London and City
Banking - Investment Banking/Finance Business Analytics Business Management Market Research

UBS is a Top Employer

8.5/10

8.6

The COO function of the Investment Bank was where I applied. It gave a huge range of tasks, which is a key reason to why I applied to this area. Daily tasks involved respopnding to emails related to projects, setting up meetings with other employees to gain an understanding of what they do etc. I was also given projects to work on, but also, tasks would arise throughout the day. The COO function includes being involved in the management and strategy side of the organisation, which hugely interests me.

Highly enjoyable. Such a great experience / opportunity.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Felt very much part of the team which is important.

So helpful and willing to help me learn.

Work loads varied at first, but then once I had done a good bit of work I was set more demanding tasks which I was pleased about, and eventually was given more and more.

The projects I have been doing are highly useful to the team.

Skills that can be so applicable, especially the use of excel and powerpoint, as well as internpersonal skills.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The office environment is great. It has the balance of being able to have good conversations with other colleagues, but also quiet to be able to work hard.

Very well orgainsed. HR graduate recruitment made a continuous effort to ensure my placement was busy and are always quick to respond with questions. Within the departments I worked, projects were set out for me to complete.

There were a number of training sessions in the first week of the internship which were very useful, as well as there being a number of presentations throughout the ten weeks.

I would be delighted if I was able to gain full time employment after my placement.

Yes. Good social scene.

Where I was based was the same and what you expect anywhere else in London.

Highly recommended.