Operations Division Intern at UBS

7.3/10

6.3
8.6

-Understood the ETD business area and completed the Day in a Life
-Co-ordinated and tracked the testing progress, including sending daily updates to stakeholders
-Learnt one of the flows in the new application
-Executed test cases to see if functionality meets the business requirements
-Attended weekly Operations Educational Sessions

It was a really good program, lots of responsibilities were given and people are really friendly in this organisation.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

There is a rather flat structure in the organisation and there isn't any barrier to stop you from making a conversation with senior staff.

My team members are always busy and little guidance was given throughout the internship. But this will be a good opportunity to develop your own problem solving skills.

It really depends on the day. I can get really busy and work till 8pm but I could also easily be ended up with having nothing to do for half a day.

I was given quite a fair amount of responsibilities. I was in charge of one whole section of the project that I worked in. My line manager would have to have a lot of trust on me for her to delegate such responsibilities to me I would say.

We had a week of welcoming and induction training at the start of the internship. The skills I have developed throughout the internship are more practical than the degree I studied but they are more focusing in a particular small business area I would say. But it is definitely worth spending the time as these are skills you can never had obtained through your university degree.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

People are really friendly and always willing to start a conversation with you. People make jokes and talk about non-work related stuff and staff have quite a fairly regular hours.

Lots of communication (through email) before the internship actually started and some group pre-work is required to be delivered on the 2 week of internship. This worked as a break the ice job and have brought people together before the internship starts.

Lots of training was given and we even spent a whole day listening to a lecture talking on motivation and how can it make you a successful intern. I truely believe that UBS is investing a lot of time, effort and money on interns to ensure that we can achieve what we wanted to by the end of the internship.

I would love work with this organisation again in the future as I feel truely valued by the organisation and I love the people who I worked with.

There is quite a lot of social events going on every month, either organised by the organisation or by the employees themselves. As long as you check your email, you should be expecting a social event month.

Working in the central London has never been the most efficient way to spend your money in. Standard of living is high but it will get compromised by the pay you receive.

Central London is almost the best nightlife you can get in the UK and you will be amazed by the number of pubs/shops which are still opened at night.

There are always volunteer work for employees to take part in and this applied to interns too. We got out of the office and helped out in a sports event and raise awareness of different sports to young kids.