Stock Loan Trade Support Analyst at UBS

Banking - Commercial Information Technology Logistics and Operations

UBS is a Top Employer

7.6/10

Part of an operational team supporting traders to loan and borrow assets; take a % in the middle to make a profit! Day to day jobs involved reporting, booking trades, risk controls and performance improvement.

Really friendly and enjoyable working environment, I'm having a great time.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Felt very much like people were keen to get me involved, but obviously a degree to which you could be running high lever stuff within a few weeks of learning systems etc.

My manager was really very busy, but always made sure he made time to ensure I was on top of things and understood the tasks I was undertaking.

Very very busy, but not as though I was out of my depth, I could always get support or relive some of the pressure with my team around me to help.

Quite a lot of responsibility considering how little experience I had, I really felt I was contributing but I was clearly instructed beforehand so I didnt feel out of my depth.

A lot - it gives you the confidence to know you can handle a real working environment like this as well as giving you a real insight into what you may do in the future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Fantastic - fun, lively, exciting, yet somehow the work all still seemed to get done.

A little unsure in terms of what to expect and how I was assesed - I enjoyed working but didnt really know whether or not there were certain tasks/criteria I was supposed to be adhering to.

Well paid, lots of flash handouts, very plush working environment - no expense was spared, it was great!

Its just a matter of getting an offer!

A bit segregated in terms of Company divisions - mainly pushed by separate training etc, but within divisions everyone was very sociable.

Its London... London's expensive... With a choice I think more up front would be preferable - I realise its risky but in terms of settling in in month one - take away tax before P46 is sorted and suddenly rent goes and you're penniless.

Jump on the tube and you're there!

It depends what kind of options you were looking for - a few volunteering events were available, but in terms of social/spare time options - most extras were either black tie events or only available for Grads or Staff.