Software Developer at UBS

London
Information Technology

This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant. Click here to view the most recent reviews for UBS

UBS is a Top Employer

4.2
3.9

An amazing experience, really liked the people and the atmosphere.

My colleagues made me feel like I was part of the team from day one. I was always included and my ideas heard.

I got some support and guidance but I think you need a pro-active approach to succeed and enjoy the role.

I had daily and weekly targets that pushed me every day, I feel this is a good thing. If I fell behind schedule my manager was understanding and we would re-assess the situation.

I think given my role as an intern the amount of responsibility was good. Not running the show but certainly enough to the point where I wasn't overwhelmed.

I developed many skills including; industry specific technical skills as well as more general soft skills like working in a team and leadership.

A vibrant and lively atmosphere considering it was a serious work environment

Very well organised, everything happened as planned.

We had one week out of a 10 week internship dedicated to training. This was very much banking related.

Given the climate in the financial services sector at the moment I think UBS is in a very good position to be a dominated player in the market.

Events were organised weekly normally on a thursday or friday evening.

London is a great place to work but it can be very expensive.

London is always buzzing, you will never be bored in the evening!

London has all sort of activites you can get involved in. eg. sports, bars, cinema etc