Currently on Northern European Sales FX desk, so dealing with Scandanavian clients on FX, and interning, shodowing in this area.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Everyone I have sat with has been inviting, including, and even when busy dont mind helping you out. Importantly for me, people have been honest and geniune, when it comes to questions and answers, which is what I want when I am learning.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Talking to them extends beyond normal business discussion, people have been friendly, and not of the daunting nature that some people thought I was in for. You spend a lot of time with people you work with, so you need to enjoy being around the people you work with, and as I am placed in sales, this brings in clients.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
More then happy for me to sit in, ask questions, advise me on what I am doing
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
At times did have a lot of time to scan news, research etc, and other times couldnt stop, and had to stay late, that is the nature of the business though, so no complaints.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Some tasks that I were given were for very senior eyes upon completion, but obviously, as an intern, your responsibilities in a job where there are so many regulations are fairly limited.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Sales skills, market drivers, interaction, things you can always utilise.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Ups and down in terms of work levels, but everyone always friendly.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Obviously some times information would be announced and i would prefer to be at the desk rather then at a talk, but HR are very good at managing everyone, and chasing people up on issues
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The desks you sit at run the market, its as simple as that, being a part of that is amazing.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
If get a job offer, will take it, I love it here, and Im excited to be here.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Intern group was great, the group that I spend time with are friends, we may be going for the same role, but dont view each other as competitors.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
As you would expect in London and going out.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Good fun, new city for me, and new group of friends to go out with.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
A few opportunities, but largely it is internship focussed.