FICC Sales and Trading Intern at UBS

City of London Central London and City
Banking - Investment

UBS is a Top Employer

8.0/10

Currently on Northern European Sales FX desk, so dealing with Scandanavian clients on FX, and interning, shodowing in this area.

Everyone I have sat with has been inviting, including, and even when busy dont mind helping you out. Importantly for me, people have been honest and geniune, when it comes to questions and answers, which is what I want when I am learning.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Talking to them extends beyond normal business discussion, people have been friendly, and not of the daunting nature that some people thought I was in for. You spend a lot of time with people you work with, so you need to enjoy being around the people you work with, and as I am placed in sales, this brings in clients.

More then happy for me to sit in, ask questions, advise me on what I am doing

At times did have a lot of time to scan news, research etc, and other times couldnt stop, and had to stay late, that is the nature of the business though, so no complaints.

Some tasks that I were given were for very senior eyes upon completion, but obviously, as an intern, your responsibilities in a job where there are so many regulations are fairly limited.

Sales skills, market drivers, interaction, things you can always utilise.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

Ups and down in terms of work levels, but everyone always friendly.

Obviously some times information would be announced and i would prefer to be at the desk rather then at a talk, but HR are very good at managing everyone, and chasing people up on issues

The desks you sit at run the market, its as simple as that, being a part of that is amazing.

If get a job offer, will take it, I love it here, and Im excited to be here.

Intern group was great, the group that I spend time with are friends, we may be going for the same role, but dont view each other as competitors.

As you would expect in London and going out.

Good fun, new city for me, and new group of friends to go out with.

A few opportunities, but largely it is internship focussed.