Operations at UBS

Banking - Investment

UBS is a Top Employer

7.9/10

I was given a list of daily tasks to work through then i would go on to work on my projects.
Occasionally we would have talks or meetings if arranged.

I had a good team, where i was warmly welcomed so i had an enjoyable experience that went quickly.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

I was given two projects that were actually required and had a need so i felt this was valued by colleauges.

My line manager and 'buddy' were always available to sit down for a conversation and were very approachable when i did so.

Like most internships, you have busy days and quiet days. Having a project meant i could always return to that if i was quiet work wise.

The projects i was given were relevant so this gave me some resonsibility. However, in this industry where qualifications etc are required you cannot be given masses of responsibility.

I believe what i have learned will help me in focus my learning. Also i have learned a lot regarding how to learn through simply listening, which in practice can be quiet difficult.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 10 roles at UBS

The desk i worked on was very friendly and although hard work was getting done it still had some 'banter' going on. Their was a general warm feeling throughout the office.

We were given a diary of talks to attend and socials to attend which had been organised. Also two projects were thought of for me to do before i arrived.

Management and colleagues were happy to sit down and discuss any questions. We were also given excel training.

Not found out yet.

We would have a general intern night out or at least a few drinks most Thursday or Friday.

London is expensive but this is taken into acocunt with the wage you receive.

Being in London their is plenty of choice.

We had the option to get involved in community affair projects.