Varied day to day and rotation to rotation - mainly performing tasks for the respective colleagues
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have enjoyed the work, the people, and the environment, and value the diversity of experience that I have got through my rotations around different parts of the business
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Despite colleagues obviously being exceptionally busy, they have made time for me and made my taks genuinely useful for them, which makes me feel valued
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Orientation week gave us a great insight into UBS and their businesses, meaning we were relatively well equipped to start on our desks, since when it has been a question of learning by doing
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I am very busy on a daily basis - this keeps me engaged and boredom is certainly not an issue
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As expected, the amount of responsibility I've got has not been large. However I have been trusted to answer the phones to clients, and some of my work will be seen by clients after review
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
There is no better way to learn about an industry than to be thrown into the thick of it, and how much I've learnt has been quite exceptional in all respects.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
High pressure, high intensity, never a dull moment
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was surprised just how well organised the internship was to every last detail. Compared to peers working at similar companies who simply turn up and are thrown onto a desk, the levels of organisation have been outstanding
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Orientation week, the rotations, and the various other events such as trading games and weekly lectures show the firm's committment to us, allowing us to absorb a great deal of information in a short amount of time
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It's hard to know however if I am regarded highly by the people I interact with there are certainly jobs available
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
with 220 interns there is a thriving social scene
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive, however this is accounted for in our pay
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Depending on what you are into it was pretty good
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Long hours restrict activities outside work however evenings and weekends are sufficient